I got this recipe from Spark Recipes and made a couple changes… I love this soup hope your Crohn’s Belly does too!
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1–1/2 cups onions (chopped)
- 2–3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 4 cups fresh carrots (diced)
- 1 to 1.5 teaspoons ginger (freshly grated)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (or water) — I used organic chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 cups rice milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Saute’ the olive oil, onions and garlicin the bottom of a large pot until the onions are translucent (3–4 minutes).
- Add the carrots, ginger, and broth.
- Boil until the carrots are very tender (30–35 minutes). Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender (be careful, it’s hot!).
- Return the mixture to the stove. Heat until warm.
- Add the orange juice and rice milk. Do not boil!
- Salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
I enjoy eating my soup with avocado slices on top and on the side my Ginger Garlic Chicken Patties. Number of Servings: 6